This ricotta, asparagus and salmon dish is very versatile as you can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We love it as an alternative to eggs in the morning. It’s super quick and easy to prepare and full of flavour and nutrients. Perfect for those following the Rejuvenated program or as part of any healthy eating lifestyle.
What’s good about it: Smoked salmon is rich in anti-inflammtory Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B-12 and niacin, which help to keep your nerve and blood cells health and boost your energy. Ricotta is a great source of calcium for strong bones and healthy enzyme and hormone function. Both ricotta and salmon are high in selenium, which plays a critical roles in reproduction, thyroid hormone metabolism, and protection from oxidative damage and infection. Asparagus brings in the “forgotten vitamin” K, which is essential for vitamin D to do its job as well as helping to build strong bones and prevent heart disease. This meal is also great for healthy looking skin, eyes and hair, containing some of our favourite beauty nutrients vitamin A and zinc.
- ½ tsp coconut oil or ghee
- 8 asparagus spears, firm end cut off
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- ¼ lemon (juice)
- ⅓ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 80-100g smoked salmon
- Zest of ¼ lemon + juice of ¼ lemon
- Pinch of red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional: little drizzle of Balsamic vinegar
- Heat coconut oil or ghee in a frying pan. Place asparagus spear in the pan and season with sea salt and drizzle with lemon juice (1/4 lemon). Pan fry, turning over a couple of time, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place smoked salmon on a plate and top with grilled asparagus. Add ricotta cheese and sprinkle with lemon zest, chilli flakes and a little extra sea salt. Finally drizzle everything with lemon juice (1/4 lemon) and extra-virgin olive oil.